This draft is available for Public Review as per
of the Java Community ProcessSM Program, version 2.6.
Download the draft specification:
Send comments to:
The preferred forum for JSR 271 Public Review comments will be the JSR 271 project on opensource.motorola.com. Commenters should request an account, and can post comments and join in the JSR 271 Public Review discussion forum.
The process to request an account and get added to the JSR 271 project on opensource.motorola.com project are as follows :
As well, comments can be posted to the JSR 271 discussion board on jcp.org; these comments will be cross posted and discussed on the opensource.motorola.com MIDP3 discussion forum.
- Go to http://opensource.motorola.com and select 'Create an Account' in the New Users box along the left side of the page. On the page that follows, click on 'create account' again.
- For your user name, choose something of the form firstname_lastname (no handles, please) so that others can easily identify you.
- For the 'reason for access' dropdown, select 'member/collaborator for JSR/MIDP work'
- In the explanation field, you must indicate your intention to provide JSR 271 Public Review comments so that the request gets routed and handled promptly.
- Finally, in the 'Project' field be sure to select the JSR 271 project to request that you be added to that project.
- IMPORTANT : Once your account is created you will receive a verification link that you need to follow to finalize the process.