January 2014-01: The PMO to discuss using JIRA to track spec submissions (and other external requests?), and report back to the EC.
February 10 2015: In progress (a JIRA instance has been created).
January 2014-02: Patrick to follow up with Doug Locke (JSR 302 Spec Lead) on the issue of subsetting JSR 282.
January 2014-03: The PMO to follow up with Doug Locke (JSR 302 Spec Lead) to ensure an approprate Spec License.
February 10 2015: In progress (waiting for a new Spec License).
January 2014-05: Ben Evans to arrange for JUG members to audit apparently-dormant JSRs to determine whether they are in fact continuing to work.
January 2014-06: Ben Evans to arrange for JUG members to audit active JSRs to review the extent to which they are meeting the transparency requirements.
September 2014-01: Calinel Pasteanu to deliver an update on Java and the Ineternet of Things at a future EC meeting.
July 2014-01: Jim Wright to provide the EC with a written response to their concerns about the UPL and a written explanation of why Oracle is unwilling to incorporate Apache-licensed RIs into the Java platform.
November 2013-01: EC members to provide feedback on version 8 of the IP Flow document.
March 2015: Close this since we'll generate a new version of the document and will open a new AI to review that.
February 2015-03: Heather to circulate the address for the London f2f meeting hosted by Hazelcast, and also to circulate a list of suggested hotels.
February 18 2015: Done
January 2014-04: The PMO to provide Ben Evans with a list of dormant JSRs to be audited to determine whether they are in fact continuing to work (see AI January 2014-04).
February 10 2015: Done.
September 2014-03: The PMO to modify the JSR submission template question asking which platform is being targeted to also ask why multiple platforms are not being targeted.
February 10 2015: Done.
May 2013-02: Patrick to incorporate a market/competition review slide into the JSR Review Process presentation.
January 23 2014: Make sure that the template collects data on non-EG participation, and that it includes an estimate of the total number of non-EG "contributors".
May 2014-03: The PMO to adopt a process of reviewing JSR proposals, and referring them to the EC for discussion and the assignment of a mentor if they seem to be incomplete or in need of help.
September 2014: the Configuration JSR proposal discussion at the September f2f meeting is a practical example of the implementation of this proposal.
May 2014-04: Mike DeNicola to file a JSR 358 issue suggested that we modify the JSR Deadlines section of the Process Document to specify a maximum amount of time between Proposed Final Draft and Final Approval Ballot.
April 2014-01: John Weir to provide Patrick with details about proposed Goldman Sachs presentations for the May f2f meeting.
May 7 2014: Done.
April 2014-02: Ben Evans to send information to the EC mailing-list indicating how EC members can sign up for the joint meeting with the LJC on the Wednesday evening of the f2f meeting.
April 18 2014: Done.
April 2014-03: The PMO to pass on contact information for Jody Sharpe (the JSR submitter who requested mentorship) to Ben Evans. Ben to follow up and provide a mentor from the LJC.
April 23 2014: Done.
April 2014-04: The PMO to inform the JSR 48 Spec Lead that the deadline for the Final Approval Reconsideration Ballot has been extended to 90 days.
April 18 2014: Done.
March 2014-01: John Weir to send logistic info to Heather re the May f2f meeting in London.
April 15: Done
January 2014-01: Patrick to put the topic of EC discussions of ballot results on the agenda for a future meeting.
March 11 2014: Patrick agreed to put this on the agenda for the May f2f meeting.
October 2013-01: EC members to provide feedback on the proposed 2014 meeting calendar as discussed at the October meeting.
Agreed at the November meeting.
October 2013-02: Patrick to figure out who will host the September 2014 f2f meeting adjacent to JavaOne so people can make their hotel reservations early.
December 10 2013: Patrick informed the EC that Twitter will host the September 2014 meeting in San Francisco.
April 2013-04: Ben Evans, Martijn Verburg, Bruno Souza to investigate publishing formal metrics indicating what JUGs have actually achieved through the Adopt-a-JSR program.
May 15 2013: A new tool (BetterRev) is being worked on that should help with some of the data.
June 11 2013: There's a new Success Stories page on the Wiki where this kind of information is being reported. Ben and Martejn will provide an update at the f2f meeting in September.
July 9 2013: Martijn will try to track down JUG leaders who have worked on Java EE JSRs for more info.
September 20 2013: At the f2f meeting Heather, Bruno, and Ben presented a summary of the data they have been able to gather so far. Their efforts will be ongoing, but we agreed to close this AI for now.
June 2013-01: Patrick to invite Jim Wright (Oracle’s Open Source Policy and Strategy Officer) to attend an IP Working Group meeting and explain his concerns about incorporating material licensed under the EPL into the platform.
2013: Jim is scheduled to attend the IP Working Group meeting on July 11.
May 2013-01: Patrick to re-start the JSR 358 IP Working Group meetings after polling for a new time.
April 2013-02: Patrick Curran to talk to Yolande Poirier about translating Adopt-a-JSR website material into French.
April 29 2013: Heather Vancura met with Yolande at JavaOne in Moscow. We will follow up with her.
May 22 2013: In progress.
June 11 2013: we held a phone conference a couple of weeks ago - 20 participants. Have translated the top-level Adopt webpage into French. Also have a Spanish page up. Working on German, Chinese, and Arabic. Going very well! Will report back at the July meeting.
April 2013-03: Heather Vancura to investigate publishing on jcp.org the reasons why JSRs are dormant.
June 11 2013: In progress.
July 9 2013: DONE.
April 2013-05: Heather Vancura to schedule a review of JSR 907 for the Zurich meeting.
April 29 2013: On the agenda.
April 2013-06: Heather Vancura to schedule a meeting of the JSR Review Working Group.
April 29 2013: Done. A presentation was made at the Zurich f2f meeting.
March 2013-01: Bruno Souza to recruit members for a Working Group on individual membership.
April 9 2013: The Working Group is working. Bruno and Heather reported on its progress. See the meeting minutes for details.
February 2013-01: Ed Lynch to circulate the spreadsheet containing the JSR data discussed in his ecosystem presentation.
The minutes of the February meeting have been updated with links to the spreadsheet (which can be found here.)
February 2013-02: Gil Tene to present his IP proposals to the IP Working Group.
Mar 12 2013: Gil expressed some opinions during the JSR 358 portion of the March meeting.
February 2013-03: Scott Stark to present his IP proposals to the IP Working Group.