JCP EC AIs: May 2013
Executive Committee Action Items
May 14-15 2013
New in May
- May 2013-01: Patrick to re-start the JSR 358 IP Working Group meetings after polling for a new time.
- May 2013-02: Patrick to incorporate a market/competition review slide into the JSR Review Process presentation.
- May 2013-03: Patrick to report EC members' concerns about the Contributor Agreement proposal to Oracle Legal.
- April 2013-02: Patrick Curran to talk to Yolande Poirier about translating Adopt-a-JSR website material into French.
- April 29 2013: Heather Vancura met with Yolande at JavaOne in Moscow. We will follow up with her.
- May 22 2013: In progress.
- April 2013-03: Heather Vancura to investigate publishing on jcp.org the reasons why JSRs are dormant.
- April 2013-04: Ben Evans, Martijn Verburg, Bruno Souza to investigate publishing formal metrics indicating what JUGs have actually achieved through the Adopt-a-JSR program.
- May 15 2013: A new tool (BetterRev) is being worked on That should help with some of the data.
- January 2013-01: Patrick Curran and Ben Evans to work on a JUG/JCP Summit or Adopt-a-JSR event for French-speaking JUGs.
- Apr 9 2013: Patrick reported on the (lack of) progress. See the meeting minutes for details.
- Apr 29 2013: We're still working on it.
- May 22 2013: A teleconference has been scheduled for May 31.
- January 2013-03: Don Deutsch and Patrick Curran to talk to Oracle Legal and Execs about standardized licenses.
- January 2013-04: Steve Wolfe, Scott Jameson and Mike Milinkovich to develop a proposal on Essential Patents.
- Feb 12 2013: They have met and developed a proposal. They are prefer to wait until Oracle has responded to the licensing proposals before circulating this.
- May 15 2013: Mike Milinkovich has circulated the proposal to the EC mailing list.
- April 2013-05: Heather Vancura to schedule a review of JSR 907 for the Zurich meeting.
- April 29 2013: On the agenda.
- April 2013-06: Heather Vancura to schedule a meeting of the JSR Review Working Group.
- April 29 2013: Done. A presentation was made at the Zurich f2f meeting.
- April 2013-01: Patrick Curran to post on JCP.org a document explaining exactly when voting rights are lost and regained.
- March 2013-01: Bruno Souza to recruit members for a Working Group on individual membership.
- April 9 2013: The Working Group is working. Bruno and Heather reported on its progress. See the meeting minutes for details.
- February 2013-01: Ed Lynch to circulate the spreadsheet containing the JSR data discussed in his ecosystem presentation.
- The minutes of the February meeting have been updated with links to the spreadsheet (which can be found here.)
- January 2013-06: Mike Milinkovich, Patrick Curran and Heather Vancura to derive a JCP-specific template from the Eclipse Project Review Template.
- Mar 12 2013: The first phone conference took place on March 12.
- January 2013-05: Bruno Souza to produce a summary document and proposal for alternate forms of individual membership.
- Mar 12 2013: Bruno presented some data.
- February 2013-02: Gil Tene to present his IP proposals to the IP Working Group.
- Mar 12 2013: Gil expressed some opinions during the JSR 358 portion of the March meeting.
- February 2013-03: Scott Stark to present his IP proposals to the IP Working Group.
- January 2013-02: Ed Lynch to lead a discussion on the Spec Lead imbalance at the February EC meeting.