JCP EC AIs: April 2013
Executive Committee Action Items
April 9 2013
New this month
- April 2013-01: Patrick Curran to post on JCP.org a document explaining exactly when voting rights are lost and regained.
- April 2013-02: Patrick Curran to talk to Yolande Poirier about translating Adopt-a-JSR website material into French.
- April 2013-03: Heather Vancura to investigate publishing on jcp.org the reasons why JSRs are dormant.
- April 2013-04: Ben Evans, Martijn Verburg, Bruno Souza to investigate publishing formal metrics indicating what JUGs have actually achieved through the Adopt-a-JSR program.
- April 2013-05: Heather Vancura to schedule a review of JSR 907 for the Zurich meeting.
- April 2013-06: Heather Vancura to schedule a meeting of the JSR Review Working Group.
- January 2013-01: Patrick Curran and Ben Evans to work on a JUG/JCP Summit or Adopt-a-JSR event for French-speaking JUGs.
- Apr 9 2013: Patrick reported on the (lack of) progress. See the meeting minutes for details.
- January 2013-03: Don Deutsch and Patrick Curran to talk to Oracle Legal and Execs about standardized licenses.
- January 2013-04: Steve Wolfe, Scott Jameson and Mike Milinkovich to develop a proposal on Essential Patents.
- Feb 12 2013: They have met and developed a proposal. They are prefer to wait until Oracle has responded to the licensing proposals before circulating this. AI on hold.
- March 2013-01: Bruno Souza to recruit members for a Working Group on individual membership.
- April 9 2013: The Working Group is working. Bruno and Heather reported on its progress. See the meeting minutes for details.
- February 2013-01: Ed Lynch to circulate the spreadsheet containing the JSR data discussed in his ecosystem presentation.
- The minutes of the February meeting have been updated with links to the spreadsheet (which can be found here.)
- January 2013-06: Mike Milinkovich, Patrick Curran and Heather Vancura to derive a JCP-specific template from the Eclipse Project Review Template.
- Mar 12 2013: The first phone conference took place on March 12.
- January 2013-05: Bruno Souza to produce a summary document and proposal for alternate forms of individual membership.
- Mar 12 2013: Bruno presented some data.
- February 2013-02: Gil Tene to present his IP proposals to the IP Working Group.
- Mar 12 2013: Gil expressed some opinions during the JSR 358 portion of the March meeting.
- February 2013-03: Scott Stark to present his IP proposals to the IP Working Group.
- January 2013-02: Ed Lynch to lead a discussion on the Spec Lead imbalance at the February EC meeting.